Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Recipe: Santa Fe Chicken & Rice

A lot of you ask about the recipes I make when I post comments on facebook so I thought I'd blog them too so that everyone can get the ingredients and directions. Let me know if you try them out and what you think about them. Yay or nah... if they need anything else.

This is the recipe I made for dinner last night. I modified it a little from the original Kraft recipe so spice it up a little.



Ingredients:
1 pkg OSCAR MAYER Deli Fresh Southwestern Seasoned Chicken Breast Strips
1 can  of Green Giant? mixed corn and black beans
3/4 cup  Taco Bell Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
1 cups hot cooked rice (I added taco seasoning to add a little spice to it - you can always use spanish rice)
Chili Powder
Directions:
1. Grill chicken, chili powder, corn, black beans and salsa together in saucepan until heated.
2. Cook rice until done.
I just used it all to make taco/burrito mix so add a little more filling to the meal. If anyone knows Steven, he eats more than a teenage boy so it takes everything I have to keep him full. : )
Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment